Music at Parkerville
Music at Parkerville Primary School, we seek to develop the WA Curriculum aims of Music knowledge and skills to ensure that, individually and collaboratively, students:
- develop the confidence to be creative, innovative, thoughtful, skilful and informed musicians
- develop skills and techniques to actively listen, analyse, improvise, compose and perform music
- interpret and apply the elements of music, engaging with a diverse array of musical experiences as performers and audience members
- develop aesthetic appreciation and respect for their own and others’ music practices and traditions across different times, places, cultures and contexts.
Over the year the students can participate in extra curricula events such as:
- Massed choir, (every second year)
- Kalamunda zigzag festival,
- Collaboration with community choirs such as Madjitil Moorna
All lessons are held in our purpose-built music room and led by Mr Borbas, who is a talented musician and singer. The students are highly engaged and able to use their music skills at assemblies where they regularly showcase their learning.
The School of Instrumental Music also offers tuition on the school site, free of charge, to students who are identified through aptitude testing in Year 5.